- Good communication skills
- Basic numerical skills
- Willingness to learn
- One-year industrial attachment letter from a polytechnic
- WAEC/NECO certificate
- Birth certificate
- School Identity card
Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme 2020 (Middle East & Africa) – Funded Training at Reuters, London-United Kingdom
- Scheme lasts 9 months, starting September 2020
- Intensive month of training in London, then 8 months in a Reuters newsroom in one of the following countries: China, Singapore, UK, Mexico, South Africa, Egypt, Lebanon or United Arab Emirates
- Opportunity to become a staff correspondent or video journalist if you perform strongly
- Applications due by Sunday 15th December
- Participants selected by April 2020
- Successful candidates will be remunerated in the currency of the bureau in which they are placed, in line with global Thomson Reuters policies
- Clear commitment to a career in journalism
- Proven ability to tell rich stories in words, video or both
- Drive to build sources and break news
- Ability to generate original, relevant story ideas
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in relevant languages, e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive, agenda-setting stories
- Experience of shooting or editing video
- Knowledge of finance and economics
- Experience in data journalism or investigative reporting
- Photography skills
- Additional languages (e.g. Portuguese for southern Africa)
- You should apply directly via our careers site
- Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
- All applications must be supported by a Cover Letter
- Applications open Friday 1st November and close on Sunday 15th December 2019 at midday (UK time).
- Initial CV and Candidate Profile Screen (November–December)
- Online Survey (December-January)
- Video Interview (January-February)
- Panel Interview (February–March)
Google Africa Certifications Scholarships 2019 (Fully Funded to learn Mobile Web, Android and Google Cloud)
Call for Participants to attend the African Union Rule of Law Training for East Africa Region (Fully Funded)
Teach For Sierra Leone (TFSL), is a non-profit leadership development organization committed to providing an opportunity for all children to enjoy quality education and achieve their full potential regardless of their geographical location, socio-economic status or gender. In view of our upcoming activities, we are currently seeking volunteer project support officers to join our team. This is an exciting position that offers plenty opportunities for you to support education, equality and inclusion.
Selected applicants will be required to assist the organisation with the development and execution of fundraising strategies and other related projects through research, administration and writing proposals, emails and reports.
1.Research potential partnerships and assist in the development of project proposals.
2. Research funding opportunities and assist in the development of grant proposals.
3. assist in the organisation and management of TFSL activities and events.
4. Represent TFSL at conferences, exhibitions and seminars, as necessary.
5. Support other administrative tasks, as necessary.
1.Good IT skills
2. Microsoft Office proficiency
3. Excellent communications skills
4. Ability to write project proposals
5. Good reporting skills
6. Accuracy of work and an attention to detail
7. Time management skills
8. Ability to meet deadlines
9. Willingness to learn
Although a degree is not strictly necessary, completing an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject such as business studies, project management studies, or public administration, will be an advantage. Also, applicants should have a positive, can-do attitude, be reliable and trustworthy.
If you are passionate about equality, inclusion driving change and keen to gain valuable, hands-on experience, then we would like to hear from you. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selected candidates will enjoy the following benefits:
● Regular updates
● Supervision and help from your Line Manager
● Training as appropriate
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A minimum of 5 years experience in clerical duties.
- Written and spoken English fluency
- Minimum of Senior School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent.
- Technical knowledge is an added advantage.
- The Formal Internship Programme is the Bank’s structured Internship programme. As an intern, in the summer before your final year as a student, you'll work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths.
- The Formal Internship Programme is intended to create a pipeline to the International Graduate Programme.
- Internships is a 10-week program, depending on location, and are open to candidates who are available to start on our full-time graduate programmes in September 2020.
- Internships typically take place during June – August, depending on location.
- 10-week program will involve on-the-job training and an innovation project which exposes you to the inner workings of our business to provide real work experience.
- You’ll be paired up with a buddy from the International Graduate (IG) Programme and to set you up for success during your internship and provide you insights into what could be your next role as an IG.
- You’ll be assigned a mentor whom will provide you with ongoing guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement in the Bank’s International Graduate Programme.
- We will only consider candidates who have the legal right to work in the country to which they are applying. If candidates are applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle Eastern and North African countries.
- Interns must be in their penultimate (second to last) year of undergraduate study. We will accept internship applications from final year students who are required to complete mandatory National or Military service after graduation.
- The Bank does not sponsor work permits for the purposes of Internships.
- All Interns participating in the Bank’s Formal Internship Programme will be evaluated during 10th week of employment.
- Evaluations will be used in final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
- You get unfettered access to a network of young people promoting education for sustainable development.
- You contribute your quota to improving the Education system in Nigeria.
- You get to develop your Project Management skills.
- Volunteering Certificate
- You build your experience and C.V.
- Supervise the In-Life & Rental Schemes Team
- Assist the Finance Contracts Team Leader with interviews and the evaluation process
- Be responsible for optimising the team performance through training, development and motivation of individual team members
- Ensure that the necessary resources are available to meet targets by allocating and monitoring workflows - including assisting across whole Finance Contracts team where necessary
- Lead and facilitate team based continuous improvement activity and implementation
- Produce in life contract reschedules quotes, understand and explain major movements on vehicle rentals through discussion with Pricing and Maintenance departments
- Process signed Reschedule quotes
- Liaise with Account Manager and Customer Service Executives explaining the Reschedule quotes
- Setting vehicles live
- Process Sale and Leaseback agreements
- Miscellaneous re-charge invoices
- Resetting contracts as required
- Producing Taxation Restriction Reports
- Account management and processing of rental schemes
- Assisting Finance Contracts Team Leader with ad hoc projects as required
- General administration
- Liaison with other departments
- To support the ethos of professionalism, team spirit and innovation